The IECEE CB (Certified Body) Scheme facilitates international trade through the mutual acceptance of product test reports and certificates.
According to IECEE metrics for 2016, UL is the number one NCB (National Certification Body) in the categories of OFF (Information Technology & Office Equipment) and BATT (Batteries). UL operates four National Certification Bodies (NCBs) and over 50 CB Testing Laboratories (CBTLs) around the world.
- Global Service– accredited testing laboratories in all major world markets
- Expert Leader– an expert participant and leading member of the IECEE CB Scheme
- Simplified Process – proven benefits of one-stop access to international markets
- Worldwide Recognition – test your product to international standards for target markets.
What Exactly is CB Testing?
The CB Scheme is the world’s first truly international system for the mutual acceptance of test reports and certificates by its 53 participating member countries. Dealing with the safety, electromagnetic compatibility and energy efficiency of electrical and electronic products and components, it is overseen by the International Electrotechnical Committee for Conformity Testing to Standards for Electrical Equipment (IECEE).
UL has accredited laboratories and CBTLs in all of the major regions of the world. We will test your product to the IEC standard and any applicable national differences required for the countries in which you want to sell your products. We then issue a CB Test Certificate and a CB Test Report which can be utilized to facilitate obtaining national certifications in participating countries.
How Does the Scheme Work?
The CB Scheme helps you to obtain multiple international certifications from a single certified testing body.
- A single point of product testing for efficient global market access
- Global acceptance of test reports leading to national certification in CB Scheme member countries
- Unilateral acceptance of test reports in many developing countries yet to join
Global Presence, Local Service
As an expert participant and leading member of the IECEE CB Scheme, UL operates National Certified Bodies (NCBs) in Denmark, the US, Japan and Canada. Together with over 50 Certified Body Testing Laboratories (CBTLs) around the world, we offer you the proven benefit of one-stop access to international markets. UL experts are always close by to help you obtain the required certifications and approvals you need – quickly, reliably and with worldwide recognition.