Our testing supports a wide variety of European Union New Approach Directives, allowing you to declare compliance with these directives and affixe the CE Marking with confidence to gain access for your products to the European Union market.
With an extensive knowledge of European standards we simplify and streamline product design, modifications, planning and testing. In addition, UL can assist in compiling the associated documentation required to declare CE Marking compliance.
- Proven Experience– the expertise to meet all applicable CE Marking directives
- Europe-wide Laboratories– accredited laboratories provide local support across your target markets
- One-Stop-Service – one service for all product compliance requirements
- The Best Engineers – practical advice and support from concept to prototype – and beyond – to help ensure you get your products to market on time
Why is CE Marking Important?
The CE Marking is a mandatory requirement that allows you to trade products in the EEA (European Economic Area) without restrictions. By affixing the CE Marking to a product, a manufacturer declares that the product meets all the legal requirements for CE Marking and can be sold throughout the EEA. This applies to products made within the EEA and also to products made in other countries that are sold in the EEA. UL seamlessly guides you through every step of the compliance process to meet EEA market access requirements.
Helping You Meet All Relevant CE Marking Directives
Our technical experts offer extensive knowledge and experience across all categories including:
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive 2011/65/EU
- Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EU
Complete One-Stop Service
UL offers a single service to seamlessly meet all your product compliance requirements:
- Testing to the Harmonized Standards to demonstrate compliance with European Union New Approach Directives on CE marking
- Review and compilation of technical requirements, documentation and marking, and
- Ongoing compliance required to comply with the relevant Conformity Assessment Procedures.
Our customized solutions help to make the most of your time and budget with our pan-European presence meaning that we deliver local expertise in the local language across the market.