IEC 60065, Edition No. 8, Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus – Safety requirements, was published in June 2014, with a transition deadline of 17 November 2017 for the EU and EN version. This standard affects manufacturers of AV equipment/consumer electronics.
What are the main IEC 60065 changes from the seventh to eighth edition?:
- New requirements for wall and ceiling mounting
- New requirements for coin/button cell batteries
- The addition of LED requirements
- Creepage distance requirements aligned with IEC 60950-1
- Change in optocoupler requirements
- Update of national differences from Edition No. 7.2 of UL 60065
Certified in Europe?
If your product is sold in Europe and certified to an earlier edition of EU and EN 60065, please note that you have until 17 November 2017 to certify to the eighth edition or adopt the latest hazard standard EN/IEC 62368-1, Edition No. 2. There will not be a formal industry file review for existing UL 60065 certifications.
UL can help!
UL’s experienced engineers can support you to the option that makes most sense for your business.
By working with UL, you’ll receive:
- Extensive industry and regulatory knowledge
- Access to state-of-the-art UL laboratories around the world
- Comprehensive reports of findings with actionable insights
Trust on UL’s global network of knowledgeable staff to help you transition to the latest safety standard.