UL has significantly expanded its capabilities and capacity in Basingstoke, making it one of the largest commercial EMC & Wireless test facilities in the United Kingdom.
UL’s state-of-the-art EMC and Wireless Centre now includes:
- Four 3-Meter Semi-Anechoic Chambers
- Three 3-Meter Fully Anechoic Chambers
- Six Large Screened Rooms
- Seven DASY6 SAR Systems
The newly-enhanced design of its semi-anechoic EMC chambers helps to optimize the efficiency of the radio performance testing.
This, together with unique customizable automation software, helps you mitigate risk and achieve greater speed-to-market for your product launches.
“This is another great moment in the development of UL’s compliance services in the U.K. The significant investment in new facilities will offer a one-stop service solution with state-of-the-art, custom-designed chambers and sophisticated equipment. Due to the enormous demand we’ve seen, we’re raising the bar in terms of service excellence, and by partnering with you, our customers, we fully expect to grow and develop further. This also results in new job opportunities whether in Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance or HR.” – Phil Davies, general manager Consumer Technology for EMEA LA
The key benefits include:
- All Notified Body certified services and TCB certified services in one single location
- A one-stop test and certification laboratory
- State-of-the-art custom-designed chambers
- Unique in-house test automation solutions
- Shorter lead time and global market product certification
- Conveniently located in the South of England on the M3 Corridor
This increased capacity enables us to leverage our EMC & Wireless, Safety, IoT, SAR testing and Global Market Access (GMA) services to a broader range of customers in ITE (Information Technology Equipment), automotive, medical, consumer electronics and appliance industries all under one roof.
The facility will continue to hold a comprehensive UKAS accreditation schedule, building a platform for future growth and services in line with your regulatory requirements.