ANATEL – National Telecommunications Agency – through Public Consultation No. 49 of December 21, 2018, opens the discussions on the Regulatory Agenda for the years 2019 and 2020.
Public Consultation No. 49 of December 21, 2018 includes the proposal to re-evaluate the regulations on certification and homologation of Telecommunications Products, currently governed by Resolution No. 242, of November 30, 2000, aiming to update the general rules and procedures to such topics.
Among the topics covered are the revision of the regulation that deals with the product certification model in Brazil, bringing greater speed, economics and clarity to the processes.
Although the content of the proposal has not been published, discussions are expected on:
- Alternative conformity assessment models depending on the type and impact of the products (e.g. labeling, self-declaration, etc.)
- Cover requirements and practices covered by trades and instructions separately;
- Follow-up of the product approved in the market;
- Updating prioritization in the use of laboratories, if needed;
- Updating the responsibilities of the commercial representative;
- Mechanisms for automatic approval;
- Updating maintenance and renew requirements;
This is because such guidelines were addressed in Public Consultation 33 of November 23, 2017, already closed and in recent discussions of the working groups and forums promoted by the agency.
ANATEL’s goal is to publish the update of Resolution 242, from November 30, 2000 to the first quarter of 2019.
To collaborate and follow the public consultations of ANATEL access the SACP – Sistema de Acompanhamento de Consultas Públicas (System of Follow-up of Public Consultations).
Want to know if your products have been affected? Contact us.
Wait for the next news!
For details on the changes, refer to: