To view this content, please provide your contact information.
Thank you! Here's your document.
IEC has introduced new requirements in the latest Edition No. 3 of IEC 62368-1, the emerging safety standard for audio/video, information and communication technology equipment.
In this webinar, UL introduces the latest updates on changing requirements to help customers transition from IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1 to the new hazard-based standard. We will assume that you are already familiar with IEC 62368-1 2nd Edition and will discuss the likely impact of the latest edition on the safety of AV & ICT Equipment.
Some of the new requirements in this edition include:
- Addition of requirements for outdoor equipment
- New requirements for optical radiation
- Addition of requirements for wireless power transmitters
- Addition of requirements for work cells
- Addition of requirements for fully insulated winding wire (FIW)
- The alternative method for clearances similar to IEC 60950-1
- The alternative method for determination of top, bottom and side openings for fire enclosures
- Alternative requirements for sound pressure
- Additional requirements for dc power transfer through communication cables or port
Date: Thursday, December 06, 2018 | 12:00 PM (GMT)
Consumer Technology is constantly evolving through regulation, innovation and market expansions. Keep pace with important trends and topics through our curated selection of educational webinars.