Location California, Illinois, North Carolina
Date Tuesday, March 6, 2018–Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Safety standards for high-tech products over the next two to three years will be shifting from prescriptive requirements to a new hazard-based concept that emphasizes safety design in the early product development phase. This interactive course helps current Information Technology Equipment and Audio/Video manufacturers gain the expertise they need to design to the new requirements of 62368-1.
The course is comprised of two separate training modules: an eLearning component and the instructor-led session. The eLearning component covers the basics of the standard and is completed in advance, enabling participants to maximize their in-class time with our UL expert. The instructor-led session digs deeper into the detailed technical content and features progressive knowledge checks and engaging interactions to help learners reinforce and apply the new concepts.
A copy of UL 62368-1 is included with participant workshop materials ($642 USD value).
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the standard and how it is used.
- Explain the Objective of Clause 0 – Introduction to Principles of Safety and provide an overview
- Describe the highlights of Clause 4 – General Requirements
- Explain how to classify the various types of energy sources addressed by the standard, prescribe safeguards against those energy sources and verify construction is in compliance with the applicable requirements
- Identify the tests and testing guidelines defined in the standard necessary to verify safeguard design is adequate.
- Explain the importance of Markings and Instructions and why they are relevant to the safety of the equipment
- Describe the certification process
Learning objectives will be measured by knowledge checks and a final comprehensive assessment requiring participants to review requirements, complete an analysis, map out and define safeguards between given energy sources and user and between sources.
- Compliance and Product Design Engineers of Audio/Video and I.T.E. Products
- Fremont, CA. on 3/6/2018 – 3/7/2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST)
- Northbrook, IL. on 5/8/2018 – 5/9/2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CST)
- Fremont, CA. on 9/11/2018 – 9/12/2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST)
- Raleigh, NC. on 10/9/2018 – 10/10/2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)
- Northbrook, IL. on 11/6/2018 – 11/7/2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CST)